10/05/2013


The double Sliced Layer Cake blog. American Banner Rose Layer Cake.

This is the next quilt in cowboy colours ;-) I used a Layer Cake called American Banner Rose I ordered at Missouri Star Quilt Company. I initially made the quilt for a friend who likes to travel to the US and is something like USA addicted, but during the process the piece got much to expensive so I HAD to decide that I had to gift her something else.
And I am very glad I had a nice answer from the universe on this decision because I sold the finished quilt to my sisters mother-in-law who fell in love with it. And my sister and her family were soo happy they had a present for a special birthday for her.

This quilt was the last I made before I got my new sewing machine :-)

I added a border in bright blue with red spray roses. Westfalen fabric. The back of this quilt is a dark navy fabric with white stars. Westfalen fabric again. The bias binding is bright blue.
The quilting is stitch in the ditch. And because I got my new sewing machine, a Janome Horizon, I added some nice star stitchings and other nice stitches the machine offers.

I will add the photo asap.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen