3/03/2020


Sew alongs are so fun – My love for clothlines - BOMs

I am a huge Sarah Fielke fan. I am loving her BOMs and sew alongs.
I bought a Sarah Fielke Patchwork book back in 2011 and love her quilts, patterns and fabric choices ever since. Later I found out she is a great teacher, she is patient and funny  and a lovely person to write with.
When my friend and quilting partner in crime Andrea participated in Sarahs BOM 2018 called Down the rabbit hole I wanted to be part of one of these BOMs too.
So I started Coming Home in January 2019 and worked on it until early 2020. You can get all the info on the pattern on https://www.sarahfielke.com/  
I shared my journey with my version of the quilt on https://www.instagram.com/whitetimbercottage/
 




And, hey, if you want to show my Coming Home Quilt some love -  it is in the yearly Quilt competition - please hop over to  https://www.sarahfielkeblockofmonth.com/quilt-competition-2020.html
Mine is no. 21 :-D

__________


During the course of 2019 Sarah also published another pattern for a 4 months program called Windy Washday and I had to make this cute wall hanging right away.
In Europe people hang their laundry outside when ever possible, I would say. When I was a kid my grandma had these classic loooong clothes lines in her garden. The two clothlines were made of painted iron poles with plastic strings attached which stood alongside the beds next to the garden trail. She had all kinds of salads, cabbage, herbs, beans, potatoes, strawberries and red currants in her garden as well as colourful rows of snapdragons and other flowers. In my minds eye I can see my grandma hanging the laundry on the clotheslines in her clearly structured garden. My grandma is rather tiny so she had to tiptoe to put the clothespins on either side of the shirts. One thing that was always really important to her was that the pieces hung properly or in some kind of order so the neighbors would approve too if they would happen to look over the fence.
I sure had to make this wall hanging!
Here is my version of the Windy Washday wall hanging quilt.


And I am loving it. It lives in my laundry room now.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen