4/16/2013

My daughter made a quilt for herself. She sais she wants to use it for a picknick with her friends in sommer.
We choose four (old) bandana neckerchiefs for this project.







We cut two hearts and put it on the cover so she could learn how to do appliqué - ´Just like an adhesive sticker´ she said.

She chose the pink and red strawberry fabric for the backing. Now its mummys´ turn to do the batting, quilting and binding.

I decided to train myself in free motion quilting on this one here. Lately I discovered LEAH!
On Pinterest I saw a pin of one of her free motion quilting tutorials on youtube. Just now that I looked her up on google to be able to put a link to her to my article here, I found out she is at blogspot.de TOO.  -->>  (http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.de/)
Once I read thru her complete bio, I will ask her how come she´s here - at a .de-website.
I fear I won´t have time to do so today.

Anyways, I will exercise free motion quilting on my daughters first quilt because I am sure, that there is no moaning when it is not perfect.
And as I still have to quilt my spring sampler quilt, I need some practice!

And my first born demands her quilt so I should better hurry ;-) 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen