4/16/2013


Spring has finally decided to come to Germany. 
I made this Spring Quilt to decoy the spring and it worked! Yeehaa!

 

I always wanted to have a sampler quilt. But I did not have enough meassurements fot 12 blocks in centimetre. And the internet is full of blocks - blocks in all sizes and colours and varieties - in INCH. So I finally decided to buy a quilters set in inch-sizes in order to be able to chose from all the blocks in the www.
If you want so some fun and easy quilting projects I recommend watching 
´Rose Smith from Ludlow Quilt and Sew´. I love her accent, her calm voice and her ideas. 
Or the `Missouri Star Quilt Company´ Jenny Doans explanations are nice and easy to follow. 
My inspiration for the above shown quilt came from Vanessa from "The crafty gemini". 
I made some blocks from her Quilt along project. Thanks Vanessa! :-) 

There are are of lot of wonderful tutorials from talented and experienced women on youtube and all over the web, but these ladies mentioned above are my all time favs. 

The four dresdens I had left from a last years´ project. I used some Cath Kidston fabrics in these, which came with her lovely and inspiring book "Patch!" which I bought last summer. The fabrics were "free gifts" and the book recommended to do a dresden and put it on either a pillow or a shopping bag, but I did not want to waste it on these. So I kept them for a special occassion aaaand now they are kind of the stars in my first sampler. 


I chose the backing fabric to be "Rosali white from Ikea" which was designed by Cath Kidston some years ago. The fabric is not available anymore at Ikea, but one can get it at Ebay for example. The binding will be red fabric with little white dots which I bought at a really nice fabric store just around the corner (http://www.kreativehaende.blogspot.de)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen