4/16/2013

I had this marvellous layer cake pack from moda called marmelade. What to do with it? When I tried a new scrappy four patch technique the idea of a lap quilt came uf to gift to the daycare my little daughter goes to for a few hours a day. She will soon go to kindergarden and I wanted a special present to say Thank you to all the lovely people there. They were part of our lives for meanwhile six years and this little quilt was just the right thing!

I added some thicker fabric in the middle in order to avoid problems with sewing around the appiqué pieces. Which was a good decision.





I selected the flowers and greens plus some hearts.




We added the batting (Freudenberg) and the backing (red and orange Westfalen fabric)
And my cutie pie made a first sitting test. She said it was good. So I proceeded with finalising it:



Tadaa!
It says: You people in this little funky house, gave our little ones a basement made of love and bit of luck on which they grew / grow individually and get strong and big people - ready for kindergarden :-)

The quilting is "stich in the ditch" on the coloured parts and free motion on the white and flowery part.

For this little quilt I made the first label with a little Thank you text on the back.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen