6/15/2013

The cat lap size quilt
Susanne, a friend, who recently visited our house, loves my quilts and asked me if I could make a cat quilt for her. She has a faible for all things catty and Hello Kitty.
I asked her what colors she wanted for her quilt and she said red, rose, pink and white and maybe beige. She mentioned that when she was in my house it inspired her to combine red and rose. The colors of her house were mainly red and beige. Now she has a faible for all things cat related and "Hello Kitty style" for some years already and she thought she had a problem combining it. So it freed her mind, when she saw me decorating rosie, pink and red together.
I dare to do so only for a few month I must admit :-)

When I saw the one Aneela Hoey (comfortstitching.typepad.co.uk) posted on Instagram I knew this was the one I was going to make. It reminds me of Whiskas and it is fun to make as it is an easy and fast pattern.

I liked Aneelas color selection. So I went to my friend Birgits little fabric and crafty store after I dropped of the kids ats school and kindergarden and got a pink, rose and a lovely fabric from Westfalen with a white backround for the project.
 I bought Aneelas pattern at her Etsy Shop, cut the pieces and
 this is how far I hace gotten until today. I guess I will add some "stone grey" fabric to give it a bit more tension. Until now I did not add any pink. I think I don´t like it together.
I will keep you posted on the progress. One block measures 15.5 inches square or 40,5 cm so I might make one more and add a cushion to the present for Susanne too :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen